Are you a runner looking to up your running game? Bangalore is one of India's most bustling cities, full of scenic trails and tracks for those who love jogging. From the green foliage of Cubbon Park and Sankey Tank to serenely beautiful views around Lalbagh Botanical Garden, there are plenty of options in Bangalore to up your exercise routine. With this post, we're showcasing some of the city's best running routes. So whether you're just starting your fitness journey or have been pounding pavements for years, read on to discover where you can go for an incredibly refreshing run!
- Cubbon Park: This sprawling green space in the heart of Bangalore boasts a six-km running track and a variety of terrain to test your stride on. With trees, plants, and outdoor sculptures, it is quite pleasant to run here early morning when it's less crowded. Don't forget to take plenty of water with you as there are no shops or kiosks around!
- Lalbagh Botanical Gardens: India's largest and oldest botanical garden has nearly 1 km of tree-lined pathways, making for an excellent running route. It's also home to beautiful sights like lakes, fountains, and flower shows that can make your run even more memorable.
- Sankey Tank: Sankey Tank's shallow lake makes for an ideal running destination in the mornings. It is located in Malleshwaram and has a 4 km track around it.
- Vidhana Soudha: Located right at the heart of Bangalore, this majestic building serves as the seat of the legislative assembly of Karnataka. The surrounding area has plenty of greenery with several trees and pathways, making up a great running route.
- Ulsoor Lake: This beautiful man-made lake is located at Halasuru and offers stunning views along with its 3 km-long running track that follows its circumference. Runners here can also be treated to the sight of numerous birds, making it a great spot for birdwatchers as well!
- Bangalore Turf Club: This iconic venue is home to some of India's most prestigious horse races and boasts an impressive 4 km running track that circles around it. Before you can run here, you will have to join as a member, but it's worth every penny!
- Jakkur Aerodrome: This abandoned airport has been taken over by runners looking for new challenging terrain. The track here covers nearly 8 km and is perfect for those serious about training. Plus, being so close to nature makes this spot ideal for unwinding after your run.
- Iblur Park: Located in the heart of Bellandur, Iblur Park is a great spot for runners looking to improve their speed and endurance. The track here covers nearly 3 km, with plenty of trees providing shade from the hot sun.
- Doddaballapur Road: This scenic road runs through the outskirts of Bangalore and offers some breathtaking views along its 9 km track. Make sure you wear bright clothing, as cars often drive fast on this stretch!
- Jayamahal Road: For those who love running at night, Jayamahal Road is a great option as it's well-lit and relatively quiet, even late into the evening. It has a 6 km track that circles it and makes for an exhilarating run.
- Bannerghatta Road: This is a great option for those who love the challenge of running on uneven terrain. The track here follows the twists and turns of this winding road, making it perfect for pushing your limits while enjoying some beautiful sights.
- HSR Layout: For runners looking to stay close to home, HSR Layout offers plenty of options with its 7 km track around this residential area. It's relatively empty early in the morning and has green patches, making your run more enjoyable!
- Bellandur Lake: Located in the southeastern part of Bangalore, this lake offers stunning views along its 4 km track. It's also home to some of the most exotic birds in the area!
- Kasturba Road: This is an excellent destination for runners looking for flat terrain and plenty of space. The track here covers nearly 9 km, with several trees providing shade along the way. Plus, shops and cafes are nearby if you get peckish halfway through!
- Sarjapur Road: For those who prefer running on trails, Sarjapur Road has a great one that follows its winding 5 km track around this scenic road.
There are also apps like Nike training club, Sweat, My Fitness Pal and Headspace, etc, which can help you jog regularly.
However, if you are looking for a new app or a different experience, you can check out the web app of Stych. It is a personalized app for exploring your city for the activity you wish to do. It can also connect you to people with similar interests, and you can do jogging as a group activity in different places in Bangalore.
Bangalore has plenty to offer, no matter what kind of running track you're looking for. From scenic roads and trails with stunning views to even abandoned aerodromes that are perfect for pushing your limits- there's something here for everyone! So lace up your shoes and explore the best running tracks in Bangalore.